Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All The Onesies Max Can Handle!

...Apparently, that's the goal that I'm after. I adore them to pieces. Not only are they so so so so soooooxinfinity cute, but also very practical for a baby that will be born late spring. At what point in your life, aside from infancy, it's it perfectly acceptable to parade around in a onesie? Exactly. My justification is: at least my child will be comfortable at all times. (Well.... most of the time) Behold Max's further additions to his onesie and gown collections.








I was proud that I had thought ahead when purchasing the Ohio State paraphernalia. If Max is born at the end of the May, football season doesn't start until September and at that time, it will be near impossible to find a reasonably priced Ohio State onesie. So what did I do? I (begrudgingly) left the 0-3 month onesies and went with the 6-9 month to ensure that his little body will fill it out. *packs self on back*

What else am I addicted to, you ask? Receiving blankets. Not only are they versatile for the uses of swaddling, a loose blanket, a burp rag, etc the one that I have come in contact with have the most irresistible patterns. As stated prior, I'm a sucker for polka dots. So, what's buying onesies without buying receiving blankets?



Aside from onesies, I have been gauging when to buy big ticket items, I promise. My shower is officially on April 10th, so I am practically sitting on my hands to prevent myself going out and buying anything that I may be gifted from my registry. Though I don't expect anyone to buy the crib and the dresser/changing table, it's on the registry so that I can receive the 20% completion coupon from Target and BRU. I plan to abuse the system and change the "due date" on my registry right after my shower so I can purchase the crib and set up the room as soon as possible. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?

Speaking of my shower... I was finally able to decide on what invitation that I wanted to use. It is one that would involved one of my maternity photos, but since I haven't had them taken as of yet, my younger brother was kind enough to offer his photography skills and time to take a few for me solely for the use of the invitation. They have been rush ordered, and will be set out by Saturday. (Woohoo! Something to finally do this weekend!) The company didn't allow me to download the proof, but the picture that I used is:



[sidenote: Just as I was posting this, I realized that when I was putting the information together, I uploaded the black and white picture. Oops. My mom had said I should use the color version. Oops again.]

As of this week, my OB has said that kick counting needs to be done from here until I'm basically in labor. Kick counting is either counting 10 kicks within a four hour period, typically from the time you wake up to lunch, or waiting until when babies are generally most active from 10 pm - 3 am and sit for an hour with minimal distraction. If counting kicks without distraction, there must be 10 kicks within that hour. Ah, splendid. Yet another paranoia to wrap my mind around. She recommended tips to get Max moving if he doesn't want to cooperate, but if I am unable to get him to move, I am to contact my OB immediately. Dear Max, for the sake of your mother not looking like a total lunatic, please cooperate on a daily basis so I'm not calling in hysteria every other day in the middle of the night. Thanks, love. This certainly is an indication that delivery is right around the corner.

On a final update note.... Max's name has been changed. One of Elvis's best friends passed away last week. His funeral was this Friday, and after the funeral, we both felt compelled to pay tribute to Brian. However, I don't like the name Brian, and Brian's middle name, Lee, is a little too common to be paired with a name like Maximus. So rather, Elvis and I have decided to add a second middle name. Elvis has two middle names, so he was able to vouch that it really isn't a big deal. Hardly anywhere would require Max to give his entire name instead of just middle initals, and it's not as if he would say his first, middle and last names if someone were to ask what his name was. That being said, we went with Brian's last name of Bentley to add after Max's original middle name. His name is now:

Maximus Slade Bentley Williams

If that's not an epic name, I don't know what is....

0 comments: