Thursday, February 18, 2010

Amazon.com = Bad Influence


I always knew that Amazon had a very special hold on me. It's like thrifting in the comfort of your own home. (Considering I'm about to enter the third trimester, and the "uncomfortable" zone, thrifting via the computer is a Godsend!) I'll admit it--- I once had an addiction. I went through a period where I was ordering books off of Amazon, sometimes multiples at a time, at least once or twice a week. What better option that the buy used for an incredibly, unbelievable low price for a newly released book? I love getting packages in the mail. It's like Christmas. Even though I bought the presents and sent them to myself. Anyway, I hadn't ventured on Amazon.com in ages.

My fellow pregnant friend (which, come to think of it, this is her 2nd appearance in my blog. We should give her a nickname.) and I were discussing the benefits of having the book "Baby Bargains", which contains every piece of information that I could possibly imagine for a company that produces baby items. My main concern, and the sole reason of wanting to own the book, is because I don't want to spend money on big ticket items, like a travel system, if I am buying junk. (Junk that is made to look fancy, upholstered with adorable fabric or finishing spray and made to look... well... NOT like junk in the beginning) I want the items to last as long as they possibly can. Not to mention wanting the best in safety. I've heard Baby Bargains is the way to go.

Oh, it felt like nirvana when I was ordering something off Amazon again.

But Amazon says "Wait! There's more! We recommended all of these items for you!" What do I find? I find bedding collections, nursery decor, parenting books, infant toys... Now, I can totally understand how expectant mothers, especially those who dare not face the cold January weather, go overboard when shopping online. BUT! I'm patting myself on the back for resisting the urge, and putting my debit card safely back into it's slot in my wallet where it belongs.

Too bad. All of that baby goodness would have looked darling in his nursery. Or rather, would have been a fantastic starting point for his nursery to begin. :D

0 comments: