Friday, February 26, 2010

Death Is Only The Beginning to Immortality.


Grandma, also known as G-Ma, was the strongest woman that I had ever meant. Despite her hardships in her life, she weathered through the storm and always came out the other end in the sunshine. She appreciated the simple things in life, like family, friends and feeding her birds and cuddling with her Chihuahua. (and feeding her scraps of everything under the sun! Brandy is a fat little thing) I'll never forget the times where I sat down with her and she told me stories about the "old days". Her body may have been failing her, but her memories and mind never faltered. Though I'm saddened that my son will never meet this amazing woman, I am grateful for the time that she held onto life. Without a doubt, I will miss seeing her and her comments on my progressively larger belly, yet I know that she is in a better place where her suffering and pain has ended. May Grandma rest in peace for all of eternity. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

0 comments: